PATTS – Perth Adult at Teen Therapy Supports is committed to providing high-quality services and
supports to participants under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). We are committed
to ensuring that all participants are treated with dignity and respect, and that their rights and interests
The purpose of this policy is to provide a clear and consistent process for participants and their
families to make complaints about the services and supports provided by PATTS – Perth Adult and
Teen Therapy Supports. This policy outlines the procedures for receiving, investigating, and resolving
complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Receiving Complaints: PATTS welcomes feedback and complaints from participants and their families. Complaints can be made in person, by phone or by email. Complaints can also be made anonymously if desired. As a first step, we encourage you to speak with your therapist directly first about any concerns you have, as this can often resolve situations. Should you wish to pursue your complaint, please complete a feedback form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Investigating Complaints: PATTS – Perth Adult and Teen Therapy Supports will acknowledge receipt of a complaint within five (5) working days. The complaint will be investigated by a designated person within ten (10) working days. The participant or their representative will be informed of the outcome of the investigation verbally (if desired) and in writing.
- Resolving Complaints: PATTS will take appropriate action to resolve the complaint in a fair and impartial manner. If needed, PATTS will take appropriate steps to remedy the situation, such as providing an apology or making changes to policies or procedures.
- Escalation of Complaints: If the participant is dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaint investigation, they may escalate the complaint to the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission.
- Confidentiality: All complaints will be treated confidentially and in accordance with privacy laws. Personal information will only be used for the purpose of investigating and resolving the complaint.
- Record Keeping: PATTS will maintain records of all complaints and their resolution for quality improvement and training purposes. All complaints will be deidentified in accordance with confidentiality above.
- Review of Policy: This policy will be reviewed every two (2) years to ensure that it remains relevant and effective.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us.