As a therapy provider, we are committed to delivering high-quality supports and services to plan-managed and self-managed individuals with disability under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). This policy sets out how we obtain, use and manage personal information of our participants in accordance with the NDIS requirements.
Consent for Collection and Use of Personal Information:
- We will only collect personal information that is necessary for the provision of therapy services.
- Individuals will be informed of the types of personal information we collect, how it will be used and who it may be shared with.
- Individuals will be asked for their consent to the collection, use and sharing of their personal information.
- Consent can be given verbally or in writing.
- If applicable, consent may be required from an authorised representative (Eg – Legal guardian)
- Individuals have the right to withdraw their consent at any time.
Managing Personal Information
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of personal information we hold.
- We will only use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected.
- We will not disclose personal information to third parties without the consent of the participant or as required by law.
Access to Personal Information
- Participants have the right to access the personal information we hold about them.
- Requests for access to personal information can be made in writing to your therapy provider.
If a participant has concerns about the way their personal information has been handled, please follow the complaints policy.
This policy sets out how we handle personal information and meet NDIS obligations. This policy also provides participants with information about their rights in relation to their personal information under the NDIS.